This month, the people at Birchbox gave their subscribers a choice between two boxes. The regular March box or a special Teen Vogue box. I decided to go with the regular March box because I thought that the Teen Vogue box would be geared more towards teens and their beauty needs. That choice ended up being a big mistake, but I'll talk more about that later. Here's what I got in my box...
1) Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien - Not a fan of this perfume at all. It has a strong lemon scent (think cleaning supplies) that goes away after only a few minutes. This is good for me because I don't like the smell, but bad for people out there who do like "clean" scents and want them to last throughout the day.
2) Color Club Nail Lacquer in Jackie Oh! - This polish was the only thing in my box that I really liked this month. It's hot pink, which is perfect for spring/summer and is basically opaque after one coat. I'll probably use two coats when I wear it, but you could get away with just one. My one complaint is that the bottle isn't full-size. The people who got the Teen Vogue box got a full-size polish. Why didn't we?
3) One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm - This product can be used as a cleanser or a moisturizer and can be used on your face or your body. I didn't use it on my face because I'm always hesitant to try new products on my face, but I did use it on my hands. I'm sad to say that I had to throw it away after just one use because it was so greasy! My hands looked like I had just eaten a bucket of fried chicken! Also, the dry patches on my hands still felt very rough after I applied it. The balm really just sat on the tops of my hands. It didn't sink into my skin and there was nothing moisturizing about it. I'm actually really sad that this product didn't work out because it smells amazing! Like a fruity orange drink.
4) Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner - This shampoo is supposed to help give your hair lots of volume and the conditioner is supposed to soften your hair and help it dry faster. I've used both four different times now and haven't noticed any changes, good or bad. The one big negative for me with these products is the smell. They smell like Pledge (the wood cleaner) and that smell lasts on your hair for several hours.
5) Kusmi Tea Detox Tea (Bonus) - I'm not a tea drinker and my husband wasn't interested, so I threw them away :(
So as I'm sure you can tell, I once again wasn't happy with my box this month :/
Which box did you choose? The Teen Vogue box or the regular Birchbox? What did you get in your box? Were you happy with your samples?
*As I mentioned earlier, Birchbox sent out two different boxes this month. A Teen Vogue box and the regular March box. The people who chose the Teen Vogue box received a full-size Essie nail polish, a full size Tarte LipSurgence (a lip tint), and then a few other smaller samples.
Now my question to Birchbox is why not give everyone this special box with the awesome full-size makeup/nail products? Why put the box choice out there? Lots of us have been complaining for months that we've been getting too many haircare/skincare samples and not enough makeup/nail samples in our boxes, so why not finally give us all what we want?
Also, why are you only putting these really awesome products in these special boxes that come out once, maybe twice a year? This is what we want to see all year long (Now I know this realistically can't happen every month, but why not every other month?)!
Ok, rant over :)