Hey everyone! Sorry that I've been MIA for the past 10 days. I spent 7 days back home in the Midwest with my family and my husband's family for Christmas and then the last two days I've basically just been sleeping and drinking a lot of Robitussin (more on that later). I don't have an outfit to show today since I didn't take my camera home with me, so instead, I thought I'd share some random tidbits from my trip back home. Enjoy!
- The day after I got back home, I could tell that I was starting to get sick :/ I had a bad cough and felt really congested in my chest. I was about 90% sure that it was bronchitis, since I just had it last year at this time and it turns out that I was right. It didn't get really bad until this past Wednesday, which of course is when I had to fly back to DC. So I was that annoying person on the plane who you want to punch in the face because they won't stop coughing. Luckily I'm off until Tuesday, so I've just been relaxing and getting lots of sleep. The one pro to being sick is that I get to take my favorite medicine, Robitussin! I swear I could down a bottle of that stuff in probably under a minute. It's so good!
- I finally got to see some snow when I was back home! It was only about an inch and only lasted a few hours because the ground was so warm, but that's more than I've seen out here this year!
- Every year, my mom has to give my step-sister and I a "little kid" toy in our stockings. Two years ago, she got us Zhu Zhu Pets off of Ebay for a ridiculously high price. Last year, she got us Squinkies and this year, she got us Hello Kitty dolls. I guess at least I can use her as a decoration at Christmastime. The other two toys haven't seen the light of day since I first got them.
- She also got me a new tube of pepper spray (I had to give my other one to a police officer in NYC when we took the ferry over to see the Statue of Liberty) and a whistle. I'm ready to fight off the bad guys!
- I look like a ghost in almost every picture that my family took of me this year because the foundation that I wear has SPF in it and no one in my family knows how to take pictures without the flash. Luckily I was able to find one decent one to show you guys.
- My mom doesn't know that I have a blog, so it was funny to hear her try and give my husband directions on how to use her camera. "Just push the big button on top." "Make sure you hold the button down halfway to focus." "Let me show you how to look at the pictures after you've taken them." If only she knew :)
- What's missing in this picture of my dog Roxy? Give yourself a gold star if you guessed her toy frog's left eye! She's such a beast!
Hope you all had a Happy Holidays and if I don't talk to you again before Sunday, have a Happy New Year!