I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with my Birchbox this month. I thought that they would go all out for the holidays/the last box of the year, but instead, they filled the box with products that were probably some of my least favorite of the year. The one thing that I did like about the box was the packaging. They included sparkly white tissue paper instead of the standard maroon color and then they also listed the products out on a nice holiday card that was covered in snowflakes.
Here's a look at what came in my box:
- Harvey Prince Yogini- This scent is made up of sandalwood, grapefruit, and Egyptian myrrh. According to the Birchbox website, it's supposed to be light and clean and "counteract stress and keep us zen throughout the day". It did anything but that for me. It was one of those scents that makes you start coughing after you spray it on because it's so strong. I actually got a headache after I smelled it for the first time.
- Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink-This gloss looks like a bright hot pink color in the container, but luckily, it doesn't show up that color on the lips. It's more of a sheer pink when you first apply it, but you can build up the color. It's not sticky and I didn't detect any scent. I just didn't like the fact that the sample is so tiny! Also, very little product comes off on the brush. I had to stick the brush back into the container 5 times before my lips were coated with the gloss.
- L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil- This is supposed to give hair more shine and control any frizz that you may have. I do like trying out new hair products, so I was happy to see this in my box. Again, I just wish it was bigger. I'll probably only get 2-3 uses out of it with my long hair. Oh and the packaging...not a fan. It was difficult for me to open the container (I seriously had a hard time getting the cap off), get the oil out, and then close it without spilling any of the oil.
- Befine Gentle Cleanser-I wasted about a days worth of product when I first opened this. I was expecting it to be a thicker consistency and it wasn't (it's a liquid), so when I opened it with the cap facing down, some of the product spilled out into the sink. I'll probably use this up, but won't ever buy a full size of it. It felt a little sticky and in general I just prefer cream cleansers.
- ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape-These double sided tape strips are supposed to help hold up your dress. They're supposed to last for over eight hours and you can apply them to fabric or directly to your skin. I honestly can't think of the last time I had a problem with this, so I probably won't be using these.
- EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster-I'll probably end up giving this to my husband. I'm not a fan of energy boosters or orange flavored drinks.
What did you get in your Birchbox this month? Were you as unimpressed as I was?